How Concrete Contractors Do Concrete Driveway Paving in Austin, TX
Paving a concrete driveway involves a step-by-step process, and there’s a lot more to it than off-loading a bunch of wet cement in a desired location.
Ballards Asphalt and Concrete has been paving driveways for years, and we are a well experienced concrete contractor in Austin, TX. We’ll share the process of paving a concrete driveway.
1) Excavate. The first step is to excavate the area that is about to be paved. Excavating in itself is a process, and involves clearing the ground, removing all debris and disposing of it properly, and grading the driveway. Proper excavation must take place in order to make sure that the driveway will set right.
2) Lay base. Once the driveway has been excavated and graded, a limestone base may need to be laid down. If the driveway sits on top of volatile soil, the ground will need to be stabilized before the concrete can be paved. That’s why certain driveways require a base about four to six inches thick to be laid first. Once the base is laid and compacted, the process can continue.
3) Set forms. The next step is to set the forms for the driveway, install rebar dowels, and install expansion joints. Expansion joints are often made of redwood but other materials can be used. This step prepares the driveway for the concrete to be poured.
4) Pour concrete. Once everything is ready, the concrete can be poured. Most driveways will be paved about five to six inches thick. This ensures that the driveway will be strong and hold up against daily use.
5) Clean up. Once the concrete is set, the forms will be removed, and any debris and equipment is removed. Then you can enjoy a freshly paved concrete driveway.
If you’ve thought about getting a concrete driveway Austin, Round Rock or Pflugerville, TX, Ballards can help answer any question or uncertainties you might have. We offer 25 years of experience in concrete and asphalt paving. We not only pave driveways, but can work on parking lots, sidewalks, and road projects as well. We are a licensed concrete contractor Austin, TX and would be happy to assist you with your next paving project.
For more information about concrete paving or our company, contact Ballards Asphalt and Concrete in Austin, TX. We can speak about driveway paving, offer you a quote, or provide more information as needed.